Santiago is a large metropolitan centre filled with millions of Santiaguinos. However, if you love being surrounded by nature, there are still places in and around Santiago to enjoy.
My top picks
- Cerro Pochoco – near Metro Station Manquehue. Easier to get to if you have private transport. A great hike that boasts views of the Andes & Santiago
- Cerro Santa Lucia – a peaceful inner city park, with great views
- Cerro San Cristobal – a large hill with lots of different places to see. It has a zoo, gardens, a large Virgin Mary & great views. Warning, some people have been robbed walking up the hill alone
- Parque Bicentenario – a new park in the more upper class neighbourhood of Santiago. Very safe & green, with a koi fish pond, swans & flamingos.
- Yerba Loca – nearby nature reserve
- Quinta Normal – a large park with a lake that you can paddle boat in
- Parque Forestal (near Museo Bellas Artes) – a very metropolitan park, but a nice leafy place to relax in during the afternoon